So here, in the spirit of enjoying the new year, are the things that I won't be giving up in 2012:
- Lazy post-call days spent cuddling with my cats and watching trashy tv.
- Solitary breakfasts at my favourite diner.
- Time with my two adorable nieces.
- Cozy pjs.
- Long visits with friends over food and coffee. (I already have dim sum booked for my next weekend off.)
- Excessive amounts of Coke Zero while on call.
- My housekeeper, who keeps me from living in squalor.
- Travel funded by my line of credit. (Looking ahead to Mexico and maybe Newfoundland in the upcoming year.)
- Grilled cheese made with sourdough rye bread from my favourite local bakery. (Also known as crack bread because it's so addictive.)
- Sleeping in whenever humanly possible.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year. Wish I could be there at midnight, clinking champagne glasses and kissing people I love, but I'll hopefully be dozing in my call room.